SUBMIT A NEW CHAPTER APPLICATION
- Fill out membership application form. You must have at least 3 people ready to get busy organizing in your area.
- Once we receive your chapter application, a member of our outreach organizing team will get in touch with you to help guide you through the steps below and connect you with our resources and other chapter leaders.
LEARN ABOUT URBAN SURVIVORS UNION AND OUR AVAILABLE RESOURCES
- Read USU values and Mission Statement
- Check out our extensive collection of resources for new chapters including sample chapter constitutions, printable flyers, press release templates, and more!
- Read our Chapter Building / Organizing Manual for tips and best practices on building and managing a successful chapter.
- Read our blog to see what we and our chapters have been up to.
- Attend one (or all!) of our leadership webinars to increase your skills in lobbying, fundraising, chapter management, leadership transitions, and more.
- Talk, connect, and share wisdom with USU and other Union members all over the world- join our listserve.
PUT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CHAPTER ONLINE
- Choose Leaders for your chapter area
- Attend board meeting
- Get USU Emails
- Create a Facebook group, twitter, website, or other online resource to start recruiting members.
- Create google group or listserv
- Make sure to let us know when you create your Facebook group, Twitter, etc. so we can add it to your chapter’s page on the website.
START HOLDING MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- Schedule your first meeting. Use our resources
- Make an advocacy and awareness day plan
- Host your first event.
Create an organizing event.
Benefits of being a member:
Membership comes with many benefits:
We are currently developing our membership application and benefits and duties for chapters. UNDER CONSTRUCTION